Du bois à la maison means From the forest to home in French. We are Samuel (a photograph and film maker) and Sara (a writer and graphic designer), a family with a one-year-old baby that changed city living in Paris for rural life in Cazals, a 600 inhabitants village in the Lot department, in the South of France.
We decided to start a common project as a family to share our daily life and passions in the countryside. Books and poetry, photography, tourism, gluten-free food (because of Sara’s coeliac disease), stationery, handmade jewelry and decoration objects, ethically made and created with eco-friendly materials, are some of the highlights, but mainly rural lifestyle. This is not about trends, but about a new life in connection with nature, its seasons, wild living, healthy food, handwork, traditions and new challenges and opportunities.
Du bois à la maison shop proposes goods ethically handmade, created with eco-friendly materials in the South of France, bio jewelry, home decor products and toys, eco-friendly stationery, photography and illustration prints. Also, all photography prints from Samuel Capdeville are available in his online shop. We ship worldwide.
- Handmade & Country Life, sharing daily country life and handmade projects.
- GF Food, sharing gluten-free recipes we cook a home.
- Tourism in the South of France, showing landscapes from Cazals, Le Lot and other favorite places from the South of France, including tourism guides.
- Books recommendations, sharing preferred poetry books, novels, essays, cookbooks...
- Inspiration, about inspiring people (and interviews).