Du bois à la maison means From the forest to home in French. We are Samuel (a photograph and film maker) and Sara (a writer and graphic designer), a family with a one-year-old baby that changed city living in Paris for rural life in Cazals, a 600 inhabitants village in the Lot department, in the South of France.
We decided to start a common project as a family to share our daily life and passions in the countryside. Books and poetry, photography, tourism, gluten-free food (because of Sara’s coeliac disease), stationery, handmade jewelry and decoration objects created with eco-friendly materials, are some of the highlights, but mainly rural lifestyle. This is not about trends, but about a new life in connection with nature, its seasons, wild living, healthy food, handwork, traditions and new challenges and opportunities. As lifestyle entrepreneurs, we’re out to discover, create and write about eco-living, arts, feminism, personal and professional balance, promoting healthy eating and local production.
Our shop proposes bio-jewelry and other conscious and handmade collections created in the South of France (home decor products and toys), as well as eco-friendly stationery, photography and illustration prints. We ship worldwide. 10% of annual profits go to environmental and women empowerment non-profit projects.
- Handmade & Country Life, sharing daily country life and handmade projects.
- GF Food, sharing gluten-free recipes we cook a home.
- Tourism in the South of France, showing landscapes from Cazals, Le Lot and other favorite places from the South of France, including tourism guides.
- Books recommendations, sharing preferred poetry books, novels, essays, cookbooks...
- Inspiration, about inspiring people (and interviews).